UK powerhouse De Profundis‘ box set comes fully printed on gloss finish paper and has gold embossing done for their new logo designed by Gary Ronaldson (Misery Index, Benighted). It contains the following items –
1) Autographed and hand-numbered certificate cards personally signed by the entire band
2) Massive 8-panel digipak featuring art by Alex Tartsus (Sinister, Depravity)
3) Gloss-finish coaster to support your favourite drink
4) Patch of the band’s new logo
5) Guitar pick of the band’s new logo of roughly Jazz III make
6) Album artwork sticker
Long-running death metal band De Profundis have had an illustrious career. Over the years, they’ve kept perfecting their sound which incorporated progressive as well as melodic elements, and for their fifth full length, they’ve distilled only the best qualities into a massive death metal slab that’s emotive yet powerful. ‘The Blinding Light Of Faith’ is a bold step forward for the band into heavier territories as they eschew long, winding songs and go straight for the jugular. With a new logo made by Gary Ronaldson (Misery Index, Benighted) and a gnarly album artwork by Alex Tartsus (Sinister, Depravity) depicting the band’s anti-religious stance, De Profundis are confident of their direction and this promises to be their best album thus far. It’s a quintessential death metal album that manages to showcase diversity without compromising on the heaviness.